Sunday, March 29, 2015

It's Okay to Ask for Help!

I am not an expert in anything, but what I have are my own experiences.
I've learned that life doesn't seem to follow the plans and dreams we unrealistically set for ourselves. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've wished that that my life would have taken the path that I wanted it to take...but then I come to grips with reality and remember that that path would not have given me my two children. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my failed marriages and finally finding the man who finally captured my heart, stepped into the role of being "Dad", and put up with the drama of life that has fulfilled our lives.
I will tell you that my kids can be a pain in the butt, cause me headaches and heartaches...but in the end, they are mine and I'll love them until the day I die. Raising kids isn't easy and can be scary, especially when put into an unexpected position. But at the same time it is one of the most rewarding and wonderful accomplishments you will ever do while on this Earth. With good support of family, friends and those who love you, you and your child will undoubtedly have a strong support system. No matter what any of us tell you...you will definitely see and learn that your common sense, love and endurance is what will get you through the good and the bad of raising a child and even having relationships.
Just remember to breathe and lean on people when you need to. One thing I learned a long time ago was there are no stupid questions when someone is asking for help. The important thing to remember is not to be afraid to ask.
Live your life like a river flows... free without force, and trust that whichever way it goes it's for the best.
Jill Spiegel Weiser 

No comments:

Post a Comment